I admit it, I’m horrible at following through with things. I created a blog on a Wednesday, I posted on that Wednesday, now here we are, the next Monday and I am only just posting again. For shame. I once read somewhere that it takes a week of doing something for it to become a habit. Personally, I’m pretty sure it takes a lot longer than that, but maybe if I make a point of at least checking this blog every day, I might actually keep up with it.
Let me fill you in on this last week… There have actually been exciting happenings that relate to this blog. Remember that camera I said I wanted to save up for? Well, lucky for me it’s my birthday this week. No, I’m not that spoiled that someone is outright giving me $800 worth of camera for my birthday, but I am lucky and loved enough that my parents are willing to spot me the money for the camera until I get a job to pay them back. It’s actually super exciting. In just 4 days, I’ll have my hands on my very own Nikon D5100 hundred with a kit lens (that’s a post in and of itself) and a pretty basic telephoto zoom lens. I cannot express to you how freaking excited I am! In my typical fashion, I’ve been learning everything I can about my new interest in as short a period a time as possible. Now that the camera is a certainty and not a distant “when I have money” dream, I am even more serious about absorbing as much knowledge as I can about photography into my head. I’ll be honest, I don’t feel like writing about all that I’ve learned right this moment, but I promise posts will be coming!
This week I also finally got up the nerve/ambition/energy to work on a project I’ve had in my head for literally years. I’m painting a dresser. 😀 Again, that’s another post.
Ah, the first post. I’m sure that most new bloggers feel awkward writing this post, at least I hope so, or else I’ll suddenly feel very alone. It’s just a weird thing, you want to write something that people will want to read, yet, since the post is brand spankin’ new, there’s nobody out there to read it. Hmm.
I guess I might as well get right now to business. If this blog is to be what I hope it will be, I need to get organized about what I want to learn about. Therefore… a list! (I love lists btw, just so you know)
Things I want to learn/know more about/get good at:
- Photography – right now I am lusting after the Nikon D5100. Problem is, I don’t have a job right now, since we only moved here a short while ago, so no job = no spending money = no snazzy new camera for me. Soon though, oh yes, soon I shall find a job, and money, and buy the pretty camera and lenses I currently have my heart set on. Then, the learning is ON!
- Japanese – I did about 5 lessons in the Pimsleur course and I actually liked them a lot. Then, I did what I usually do and got distracted and never went back. I’d still love to learn more languages though, and Japanese will be my starting point.
- Quilting – I have an awful lot of fabric and I love blankets. Match made in Heaven if you ask me. Never quilted before, so this one will be a completely new adventure.
- Cake Decorating – Already been through a pretty major cake decorating obsession, which, you guessed it, fizzled. I’d like to practice enough at it to impress myself (and sure, others.)
- How to make a blog that at least a few people read. Have to keep myself motivated. By the way, I just figured out how to put a “featured photo” in a with a blog post, so that’s baby chocolate mustache me that you’re looking at. You’re welcome.
I could keep going forever, but I think that’s enough for just now. If anyone is reading this (who isn’t a spammer or a computer program linking spam), what are you interested in learning more about in your own life?