Ah, the first post. I’m sure that most new bloggers feel awkward writing this post, at least I hope so, or else I’ll suddenly feel very alone. It’s just a weird thing, you want to write something that people will want to read, yet, since the post is brand spankin’ new, there’s nobody out there to read it. Hmm.
I guess I might as well get right now to business. If this blog is to be what I hope it will be, I need to get organized about what I want to learn about. Therefore… a list! (I love lists btw, just so you know)
Things I want to learn/know more about/get good at:
- Photography – right now I am lusting after the Nikon D5100. Problem is, I don’t have a job right now, since we only moved here a short while ago, so no job = no spending money = no snazzy new camera for me. Soon though, oh yes, soon I shall find a job, and money, and buy the pretty camera and lenses I currently have my heart set on. Then, the learning is ON!
- Japanese – I did about 5 lessons in the Pimsleur course and I actually liked them a lot. Then, I did what I usually do and got distracted and never went back. I’d still love to learn more languages though, and Japanese will be my starting point.
- Quilting – I have an awful lot of fabric and I love blankets. Match made in Heaven if you ask me. Never quilted before, so this one will be a completely new adventure.
- Cake Decorating – Already been through a pretty major cake decorating obsession, which, you guessed it, fizzled. I’d like to practice enough at it to impress myself (and sure, others.)
- How to make a blog that at least a few people read. Have to keep myself motivated. By the way, I just figured out how to put a “featured photo” in a with a blog post, so that’s baby chocolate mustache me that you’re looking at. You’re welcome.
I could keep going forever, but I think that’s enough for just now. If anyone is reading this (who isn’t a spammer or a computer program linking spam), what are you interested in learning more about in your own life?